What are the benefits?
iper is a next generation sheep lousicide containing thiacloprid, a high potency neonicotinoid insecticide that knocks down lice quickly by affecting their nervous system, resulting in insect paralysis and death. Thiacloprid has been shown in laboratory studies to be 6 times more potent against lice than imidacloprid. Viper controls susceptible body lice (Bovicola ovis) when applied to shorn sheep up to 7 days off shears. Viper has a four week residual activity for lice (when applied within 24 hours off-shears), offering the best protection against re-infestation for complete peace of mind. It will continue to kill any lice that hatch from eggs following treatment and protect sheep from reinfestation from stray sheep or other lousy sheep for up to four weeks.
- There is no known resistance to thiacloprid
- Flexible - can be applied up to 7 days after shearing
- Lano-Lock® user friendly formulation facilitates chemical spread
- High volume dose for better coverage and spread
- No harsh chemical odour, user-friendly
- Convenient clean-up of equipment with water
- Rainfast - tested in various rainfall conditions and proven itself effective on sheep that have been rained on before and after treatment
- Easy application using a Bayer Avenge manual or compressed air/gas (Power Doser) applicator
- Wide margin of safety for all classes of sheep
* When applied within 24
hours of shearing.
Directions for Use
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Apply Viper as a double broad-band stripe in adult sheep or as a single band
in younger sheep under 30kg bodyweight (according to the dose rate and
application pattern below)
Critical comments: Use only on sheep that have been cleanly shorn. Avoid treating ewes less than 6 weeks before lambing commences, while ewes are lambing or have lambs at foot, as live lice can persist and infect lambs. Treated sheep should not be mixed with untreated sheep until 6 weeks after treatment. Apply the entire dose to sheep under 30kg as a single broadband stripe from poll to tail butt. For sheep over 30kg, apply half the dose as a broadband stripe either side of the midline from the mid neck to the butt of the tail. The stripes should be no further than 10cm apart. Refer to the diagrams below.