Selovin LA is for the treatment and prevention of Selenium deficiency in cattle and sheep.
Selenium is a trace element that is vital for normal metabolism; it is an essential antioxidant which prevents and repairs cell damage and is a key component of proteins essential for muscle function, immune system and synthesis of thyroid hormones. Selenium is necessary for growth and fertility. If deficient in Selenium, cattle and sheep can suffer from poor growth rates, reduced production, lower fertility and poor immunity. Young stock deficient in Selenium are also susceptible to White Muscle Disease (WMD), a condition affecting the skeletal and heart muscle, causing lameness and death from heart failure.
Selovin LA works to elevate selenium blood and tissue levels in deficient states.
- Subcutaneous injection of Selenium
- Contains Barium selenate , which slowly releases selenium into the body
- For the treatment and prevention of Selenium deficiency in cattle and sheep
- Convenient, safe and cost effective
- Active constituents: Selenium (Barium selentate) 50mg/mL
What are the benefits?
Active Constituents: Selenium (as Barium selenate) 50mg/mL
- Protects against selenium deficiency in cattle for up to 12 months and in sheep for up to 18 months
- Ensures adequate selenium levels to maintain fertility, immunity and prevent production losses associated with selenium deficiency
- Cost effective management of selenium deficiency
- Convenient and safer form of selenium supplement due to the slow release of selenium following administration
- No withhold periods
Directions for Use
Refer to the label for all product information.
Shake pack well before use to ensure re-suspension of contents.
Administer by subcutaneous injection high on the neck behind the ear. Take care to inject Selovin LA under the skin to avoid carcase damage.
Cattle: 1mL/50kg body weight
Lambs: 0.5mL at weaning
Adult sheep: 1mL
Note: Some export markets employ x-ray screening technology, which will detect radio opaque substances such as Barium selenate. Incorrect application of Selovin LA could result in injection site residues not being trimmed at slaughter leading to detection and a potential risk to meat export.
This product should not be used when selenium uptake from pasture is high or selenium is provided by other means (such as pasture top dressing, vaccine, pellets or selenium drenches) if blood selenium levels at treatment are high. Users can determine selenium status by consulting their veterinarian.
Use the contents within 28 days of first broaching.
MEAT: 0 days
MILK: 0 days
Export Slaughter Interval (ESI): Not required.